Vermont got a single runs in the first, third and fourth innings to go along with two runs in the second to take a 5-0 lead. Keying the Lake Monsters offense were triples from Ezra Caspi (Vassar), who tripled home a run in the second, and Cam Conley (Pepperdine), who scored in the third after a triple.
Tyler Favretto (Crowder) made it 5-0 in the fourth with a solo homer to right field. The Rox got a run in the bottom of the fourth off Vermont starter Tobey McDonough (Brown), who allowed jut the one run on three with with a walk and four strikeouts.
Joe Mascio (St. John’s), Zach Lewis (Wake Forest) and Evan Clark (USC) each tossed a hitless inning of relief for the Lake Monsters, including Clark striking out the side in the seventh. Kyle Locklear (Clarkson) worked the final two innings, working around a leadoff double in the ninth with three strikeouts to close out the game.
* Tyler Favretto 2-for-4 with 2 R, 1 HR and 1 RBI
* Jackson Kline 2-for-3 with 2 BB, 2 R and 1 RBI
* Cam Conley 2-for-4 with 1 R, 1 3B and 1 RBI
* Vermont pitchers combined for 13 strikeouts, the 12th time in 14 games that the Lake Monsters have 10+ strikeouts in a game (9 K’s in other 2 games)
* Jackson Kline (Kansas) led off game with a single and later scored on a Conley sac fly for 1-0 lead, then Kline had an RBI single in the 2nd to score Caspi
* Lake Monsters added 2 runs in 2nd on a RBI triple from Caspi, who then scored on a Kline RBI single
* Vermont added runs in the 8th on a wild pitch and in the 9th on a Jimmy Evans (Tufts) RBI single
* Vermont (11-3) has now won 11 straight games after dropping the first 3 games of season
* Not only was solo homer his 1st in his 2nd game of the season for Favretto, but it was his 1st homer in 34 career Lake Monster games (played in 32 regular-season contests for Vermont in 2021)
* Kline, Conley, Evans, Godbout and Favretto each had 2 hits in the game as Vermont outhit the Rox 13-5
Next Home Game: Saturday vs. Nashua, 6:05 pm
Vermont Expos Night! and Post-Game Fireworks