WORCESTER, MA — Tim Noone tossed five solid innings and Henry Godbout went 3-for-3 with two-run single to lead the Vermont Lake Monsters to their 10th straight victory with a 6-4 Futures League win over the Worcester Bravehearts Thursday night at Fitton Field.
After allowing one run on 3 hits (and struckout three) in the bottom of the first, Noone scattered three hits over the next four innings and finished the outing with no walks and seven strikeouts. Over his first three starts, the Babson College product has a 2.40 ERA (4 ER-15 IP) with one walk and 16 strikeouts.
Godbout (Virginia) reached base safely in each of his four plate appearances with the two-run single in top of first to give Vermont a quick 3-0 lead, followed by singles in the third and eighth innings around a fifth-inning hit by pitch. After going 0-for-4 in his Lake Monsters debut June 3rd, Godbout is now 4-for-6 in his last two games.
Vermont scored a pair of runs in the third inning for a 5-4 lead before Worcester cut the Monsters advantage to 5-4 with a run in the sixth and two more in the seventh. Vermont got one back top 8th on a run-scoring wild pitch to restore a two-run lead before Kyle Locklear (Clarkson) and George Goldstein (Middlebury) each tossed 1-2-3 innings to close out 10th straight victory.
* Tim Noone 5 IP, 6 H, 1 R, 0 BB, 7 SO
* Henry Godbout 3-for-3 with 2 RBI
* Vermont scored 3 runs on 4 hits top of 1st inning on a George Cooper (Harvard) RBI single and Godbout 2-run single
* Lake Monsters added 2 more runs in 3rd on Godbout single/throwing error and a Connor Bowman (Tufts) RBI single for 5-1 lead
* After Worcester cut deficit to 5-4, Vermont got its final run top 8th on Ryan Marra (Brown) leadoff double, Godbout’s 3rd single and a wild pitch
* Goldstein earned his 4th save of the season, all coming (along with 1 win) in last 7 Vermont games
Beyond The Boxscore
* Vermont (10-3) has now won 10 straight games after dropping the first 3 games of season
* Lake Monsters are outscoring their opponent 14-4 in the 1st inning of games
* With 0 walks and 11 strikeouts by Vermont hurlers Thursday, Lake Monster pitchers have 2 walks and 47 strikeouts over 37 innings last 4 games.
Next Game: Friday at Brockton, 7:00pm
Next Home Game: Saturday vs. Nashua, 6:05 pm
Vermont Expos Night!