BURLINGTON, VT — Colby Brouillette went 3-for-5 with three runs, pair of doubles, a homer and three RBI to lead the Vermont Lake Monsters to a 9-3 victory over the Brockton Rox in Futures League action Monday night at historic Centennial Field.
Brouillette (BFA-St. Albans/Clarkson) had an RBI double in the bottom of the first inning and smacked a two-run homer to right-center in the second that gave Vermont a 4-3 advantage. Vermont scored five more times in the fourth inning, including a Cam Conley (Pepperdine) three-run homer.
Wyatt Cameron (Middlebury HS/NE College) earned the victory with four scoreless innings of relief, allowing three hits with no walks and four strikeouts for Vermont (2-3).
* Colby Brouillette 3-for-5, 3 R, 2 2B, 1 HR, 3 RBI
* Jackson Kline 3-for-5, 2 R, 2B, 1 RBI
* Wyatt Cameron 4 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 4 SO
* After the Rox scored twice top of 1st, Colby Brouillette and Ryan Marra (Brown) with back-to-back RBI doubles to tie game 2-2 bottom 1st before Brouilllete smacked a two-run homer bottom of 2nd for 4-3 lead.
* Vermont broke game open in 4th with 5 runs, including Ezra Caspi (Vassar) leadoff double before scoring on pair of wild pitches and Jordan Kelly (Princeton) triple before scoring on Jackson Kline (Kansas) RBI single for 6-3 lead.
* Cam Conley, playing in his 1st game for the Lake Monsters, capped off the 5-run 4th with a 3-run homer to left for 9-3 advantage.
Beyond The Boxscore
* 8 of Vermont’s 11 hits over the first 4 innings went for extra-base hits (5 2B, 3B, 2 HR)
* Brockton roster includes sons of former 4 Major Leaguers: Manny Ramirez Jr., Pedro Martinez Jr., DAngelo Ortiz, and Jaden Sheffield
* Vermont (2-3) has now won 2 straight games after dropping its first 3
Next Game: Tuesday, May 31st vs. Brockton, 6:35