The Suns scored their four runs over the first three innings with a pair of unearned runs top of the first followed by single runs in both the second and third off Lake Monsters starter Sean Matson (Harvard), who finished allowing four runs (one earned) on seven hits with no walks and six strikeouts over three innings.
Vermont scored its only run of the night in the fourth inning on a George Cooper (Harvard) leadoff double followed by a Jimmy Evans (Tufts) RBI single, the first two hits of the game for the Lake Monsters. Held to just four hits on the night, Vermont’s only other base knocks were a Cooper single in the sixth and a Logan Keller (Navy) double in seventh.
* Will Parkinson 2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 2 SO
* Wyatt Cameron 3 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 2 SO
* George Cooper 2-for-4, 1 R, 2B
* Will Parkinson (Columbia) and Wyatt Cameron (NE College) combined to retire 15 of 16 batters faced out of bullpen
* Parkinson retired all 6 batters faced over 2 innings (4th & 5th), while Cameron retired final 9 Suns (6th-8th) after 1st batter in 6th inning reached on an error
* Teams combined to issue just 1 walk (Pittsfield) and both struckout 10 opponents (Vermont pitchers have 9 or more strikeouts in all 17 games played)
Beyond The Boxscore
* Vermont (13-4) had its 13-game win streak snapped, suffering its first loss since May 28th
* Since July 1st 2021, the Lake Monsters have a 43-10 regular-season record (30-6 to end 2021, 13-4 in 2022)
* Over last 3 games, Vermont bullpen 19 2/3 innings with 1 run allowed (0.46 ERA) , 2 walks and 21 strikeout
Next Game: Wednesday at Pittsfield, 10:30am
Next Home Game: Thursday vs. Norwich, 6:35pm