BURLINGTON, VT — Francis Ferguson allowed one unearned run over five innings, while the Lake Monsters offense scored four runs in the third and five more times in the seventh for an 11-1 Futures League seven-inning mercy rule victory over the New Britain Bees Saturday night at historic Centennial Field.
Lake Monsters, who have now won 22 of their last 24 games, scored single runs in the first and second innings before plating four runs in the third for a 6-0 lead. Vermont closed out the game in the bottom of the seventh on a Ryan Marra (Brown) two-run double, Colby Brouillette (BFA/Clarkson) two-run single and Cam Conley pop up single that dropped untouched in front of the plate scoring Brouillette with the walkoff run.
Ferguson (Eastern Nazarene), making his first start of the season after pitching five games in relief, retired the first 12 Bee batters he faced before a leadoff walk in the fifth, passed ball and two-out RBI single for an unearned run. Ferguson and reliever Jacob Buurman (Stevens) each struckout three over the seven innings.
* Francis Ferguson (W) 5 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 3 SO
* Tommy Hawke 2-for-5, 1 R, 1 2B, 3 RBI
* Tyler Favretto 2-for-2, 3 BB, 3 R, 1 RBI
* Harrison Didawick (Virginia) sacrifice fly scored Jackson Kline Kansas) bottom 1st and Tommy Hawke (Wake Forest)
a two-out RBI double in 2nd
* Tyler Favretto (Crowder) had a bases loaded RBI line drive infield single and later scored from second base on Hawke 2-run infield single behind the second base bag for 6-0 lead
* Didawick and Brouillette both had 2 hits for Vermont, which outhit New Britain 12-4
Beyond The Boxscore
* Win was the Lake Monsters 14th consecutive victory at Centennial, one off the franchise record of 15 straight set in 2000 (final 13 home games) and 2001 (first 2 home games) seasons
* Vermont has won 22 of its last 24 games and improves to a franchise record 22-5 after 27 games
* Since July 1st of 2021, the Lake Monsters have a 52-11 regular-season record (30-6 to end 2021, 22-5 in 2022)
* 3rd 10-run mercy rule victory of the season, while 6th time in last 10 games Lake Monsters 10+ runs
* Vermont has now scored 5 or more runs in 9 of last 10 games, 14 of 16 and 21 of 27 overall
Next Game: Sunday vs. New Britain, 5:05pm
Face Painting, Kids Run The Bases and Have A Catch in outfield post-game