Vermont improved to 16-4 overall, setting a new franchise record (1994-present) for best start to a season after 20 games (previous best was 15-5 start in 2010). It also marks the first time the Lake Monsters have scored 10+ runs in three consecutive games since June 19-21, 1997 when the then-Expos scored 13 runs in three straight.
Wade, who pitched exclusively out of the bullpen this spring at Wake Forest, scattered six hits with no walks and six strikeouts in his first appearance of the season for the Lake Monsters. Keller (Navy) was 3-for-4 with two runs and a triple, while Kline (Kansas) had a two-run single in the bottom of the seventh and then scored the mercy-rule clinching 11th run on a bases loaded walk to M.J. Metz (Trinity).
As has been the case the past few games, the Lake Monsters jumped out early by scoring in four of the first five innings for an 8-0 advantage. After an unearned run in the first, Vermont added three runs in the third capped off by a Connor Bowman (Tufts) two-run double before scoring twice in both the fourth and fifth frames.
* Crawford Wade 5 IP, 6 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 6 SO
* Logan Keller 3-for-4, 2 R, 1 3B
* Jackson Kline 3-for-5, 2 R, 3 RBI
* Cooper Kelly (Kansas) and Tommy Hawke (Wake Forest) both had 2 hits, while Bowman was 1-for-1 with 3 walks and 2 runs scored
* Wyatt Cameron (NE College) allowed a leadoff triple and 1-out RBI groundout for Norwich’s only run in top of 6th before Francis Ferguson (Eastern Nazarene) struckout the side in the top of 7th
Beyond The Boxscore
* Vermont (16-4) has won 16 of its last 17 games after dropping first 3 games of season
* Lake Monsters have also won 11 straight games at home (Centennial win streak record 13 set in 2021)
* Since July 1st 2021, the Lake Monsters have a 46-10 regular-season record (30-6 to end 2021, 16-4 in 2022)
Next Game: Saturday at New Britain, 6:35pm
Next Home Game: Tuesday vs. Pittsfield, 6:35pm