BURLINGTON, VT — The Vermont Lake Monsters scored multiple runs in five of the six innings they batted to earn their 19th win in the last 21 games overall and 13th straight at historic Centennial Field with a 15-2 seven-inning mercy rule victory over the Pittsfield Suns Wednesday night.
Harrison Didawick (Virginia), making just his second start for Vermont, launched a two-run homer to deep rightcenter in the bottom of the first inning to give the Lake Monsters a 2-1 lead. After a scoreless bottom of the second, Vermont scored five times in the third, twice in the fourth, three times in the fifth for a 12- 1 lead and finally three more runs in the sixth.
Didawick finished 3-for-4 with 4 runs scored, the first Lake Monster to score four runs in a game at Centennial since Auguts 22, 2000 when Jose Docen and Justin Miller both scored 4 times in a 19-12 NY-Penn League win over Mahoning Valley.
Ryan Marra (Princeton) went 3-for-5 with an RBI single in the third, RBI triple in the fifth, and two-run double in the sixth. Logan Keller (Navy) had an RBI double in the fourth and two-run double in the fifth, while Tim Noone (Babson) allowed one run, a first-inning RBI single, on three hits with two walks (both in first) and two strikeouts over five innings for win.
* Ryan Marra 3-for-5, 2 R, 2B, 3B, 4 RBI
* Harrison Didawick 3-for-4, 4 R, 1 HR, 2 RBI
* Tim Noone 5 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 2 K
* M.J. Metz (Trinity) 2-for-4 with RBI double in 3rd and RBI single in 5th, while Cooper Kelly (Kansas) 2-for-4 with 2-run single in 3rd
* Jackson Kline (Kansas) 3 runs scored and 2 hits, his 11th multi-hit game
* Chase Carey (Colchester/UMass-Dartmouth) 1 R on 2 H and 2 SO top of 6th, while Tanner Wolpert (Williston/Rice HS) 1 H in scoreless top 7th to end game
Beyond The Boxscore
* Vermont (19-5) has won 19 of its last 21 games and sets new franchise mark for best record after 24 games (17-7 in 2010)
* Lake Monsters 13th consecutive victory at home matches 13-game home winning streak Vermont had July 1-20 of last season, while (longest Centennial win streak all-time is 15 straight (last 13 August 2000 and first 2 games June 2001).
* Season-high 15 runs scored and Vermont has reached double-figure runs in 5 of last 7 games (73 runs total)
* Since July 1st of 2021, the Lake Monsters have a 49-11 regular-season record (30-6 to end 2021, 19-5 in 2022)
Next Game: Thursday at Brockton, 7:00pm
Next Home Game: Saturday vs. New Britain, 6:05pm